Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Clean & Simple #1

I have seen people in the blog world talk about online classes many times but I have never felt the urge to jump in and try one myself.  Then I saw the Clean & Simple Card Making class discussed on Kristina's blog and I knew it was PERFECT for me!  I've been in a card making rut lately and I thought this would be just the thing to bring me back to life.  Sometimes you just need the motivation of a daily challenge or sketch to get you going again and that is where I've been.  So, I signed up and already I'm loving it!  Day 1 had some great inspiration and some great sketches.  Here's my take on one of those sketches:


I love how it turned out!  At first I planned to make the card black and then layer white but as I was picking the cardstock out, I decided to go against my initial gut feel and try it the other way.  I'm so glad I did!  For the hearts I used the Heart Border Die from Papertrey Ink (PTI).  I die cut the shape out of both white and Pure Poppy (also PTI) cardstock and used the negative from the white for a bottom pop along the border.  I embossed the white negative with a 5x7 polka dot embossing folder from Cuttlebug this layer was then attached to the card with foam tape.  The cute little love letter is from WPlus9, the Love Notes Die.  The love note is also attached with foam tape for dimension.  Finally, the little saying is from PTI's Tag Its #11 set and stamped with Fresh Snow ink.

I'm excited to work on my day 2 card today and I still have some more ideas for the sketches from day 1.  I guess signing up for this class has already served the purpose...I'm inspired!  Thanks for looking and have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. So elegant - always love the contrast of black, white and red! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card. ;-) I love how you've made it so simple but so stunning. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!