Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Clean & Simple #2

Day two's class was all about the one layer card.  This is super appealing to me because sometimes the my cards can get a little thick.  The post master at my mother's post office will charge you extra if the card can't go through the machine that cancels the stamp.  It must be SO difficult to use the little rubber stamp she has to hand cancel it with...but that's beside the point.  Sometimes it is just not practical to send a dimensional card and it is nice to be able to make designs that look nice flat.  However, this has never been my strength.  I like simple and clean but have a really hard time when forced to go back to actual basics and make a nice simple stamped card.  So, this was the perfect lesson for me and surprisingly, I enjoyed the challenge and am pretty happy with what I came up with!  Want to see???


So, I used the masking technique to give a layered look.  I haven't used masking on a card in...hmm...I don't know how long.  I started with the color combo of Spring Moss, Enchanted Evening, Hawaiian Shores, and Summer Sunrise inks from Papertrey Ink (PTI).  It's hard to tell in this picture but the cardstock is PTI's Vintage Cream.  I used various flowers from Flower Fusion #1, #2, and #3 to make the daisy chain across the card.  One of my favorite sentiments is perfect on this card and is from Think Big Favorites #1.  Finally, I cut a piece of scrap cardstock to the size I wanted the frame to be.  I centered the piece of cardstock and using my trusty Uni-ball Signo in black, I made a simple line frame around the card (using the cardstock as a template) to keep your eye focused.  All in all, I'm super happy with how it turned out and I think I might have to try my hand at more one layer cards!

Thanks for looking! 

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful masking! Love the ink choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love those bright flowing flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!