Monday, January 2, 2012

Inspiration!

Sometimes you just never know when inspiration will hit.  Well, I pretty much know that it will hit me every time I go to Maile Belles blog Simply Stamped.  I love her clean and simple style.  Usually, I get a little inspiration and it takes me a different direction but I saw this card on her blog and I wanted to make it.  No changes, no inspired by...I wanted to straight up copy it!  Just look at this perfection:

 
Isn't it divine?  So, I had to buy the heart border die (PTI Dec release) simply to make this card!  So, I made this card exactly like it shows here.  Then I made a few little tweaks but didn't stray far.  Here's my tweaked version:


I thought a kraft version was called for since I love kraft paper!  I also felt it needed a little felt to fuzzy it up a bit!  Yup, I changed it a ton...ha ha!

Luckily, that was just the start of inspiration.  I then felt the need to play with other things all lined up.  As you can see below, my chevron set came out to play!


I struggled with color choices for about two seconds and then I looked around my new craft area.  I'm obsessed with yellow and turquoise.   Toss in a little kraft paper and you have yourself a nice little thank you card.  I used my Beautiful blooms II #1 die collection to make the flower and Papertrey Ink paper in Hawaiian Shores and Harvest Gold.

My next card's colors came from my craft space once again! 


Some PTI Smokey Shadow cardstock made a perfect backdrop to my new washi tape.  It turned out really cute, nice, and simple!

I'm still working on my craft/play room.  I've gotten some more stuff up and ordered so be looking for updates again soon!  Hope you are having a great NEW YEAR! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!