Thursday, April 7, 2011

New Toy

Last week I received my Silhouette SD and I've been dying to play with it.  It just so happens that my husband needed some sympathy cards.  I only have the software that the Silhouette comes with and it works great on my Mac which I'm super excited about.  I'm still trying to learn what I can and can't do with the software so that I can decide whether I need Make The Cut or something else.  We shall see! 

I played with a card that was pre-designed from the Silhouette store to make this card:

The basic card design was there but after I cut the card, I modified the file to create the yellow bottom layer.  It was super easy and made a really cute card.  The dies for the circles are from Papertrey Ink as is the stamp!


This card I designed on my own using the Silhouette software.  I thought it would be neat to layer the top with wider window openings over the card base.  It turned out really well and I can't wait to do some more designs.

Thanks for looking and have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. These cards are awesome! Love them both. I definitely have Silhouette envy. I'll have to see if I can do something similar with SCAL. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!