Wednesday, May 4, 2011

UGH!!!

I'm sure if anyone is reading this, you thought I had dropped off the face of the earth!  That's pretty close.  ;)  Actually, I found out at the end of March that we are moving!  We had always planned on living in my husband's home place when his parents decided to move into town but we really didn't expect that to happen for at least another 10 years!  Well, it just so happens that they found a house they love and they want us closer to the whole family (we are about 30 mins away right now) so they are moving out.  Talk about a whirlwind of emotion.  I was partly excited but mostly upset.  I have grown to love the house we are in now and wasn't really ready to leave it.  It is a large farm house and it fits us well.  The new house is probably half the size and in need of SERIOUS work.  UGH! 

I moped, I pouted, I got upset, and then after almost a month...I got over it.  I knew this was the plan and we have lived in far worse houses.  I know that whatever we do to this house will be for good because this is the final move we will be making until we kick the bucket.  There is some peace in knowing that. 

What all of this means is that I've been packing and packing and PACKING!  I haven't made a card since I found out and now all my craftiness is packed into little boxes.  I have big plans for my craft area in the new house.  I think I will have more space for crafting and that has me excited!  I will keep things updated as best as I can during this craziness and hopefully have some fun posts with all of the things I'm doing in my new craft space! 

Construction crews have taken over our new house since we needed to do some major updating and make it more functional for the family.  Want a peek at what is happening now?  Check it out:


This is the kitchen as it was a couple days ago....it is pretty icky and needs some work.  I love LOVE to cook and I need a good space for it.


This is a few of the living room looking at the kitchen (through the arch) and the wall is in front of the adjoining dining room.


Here is the kitchen in its current state...wow!


Here is the same view of the kitchen/dining area.  The wall is going!!!!!

So, now you know what kind of craziness I'm dealing with at the moment.  The good news is that our house sold in less than a week on the market!  That also means we have to get this stuff done so we can get out!  AHHH!!!  Wish me luck!






Here's a look at two cards I made before the craziness began.  I really love how they turned out.  I'm a big fan of the black/white/red color combo and these cards show it off well.  The chipboard animals are from DCWV Green Stack.  I LOVE that collection!

Hope your lives are at least a little less crazy than mine is now! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, talk about alot to deal with all at once. Crazy. I can imagine that was hard to deal with since it was unexpected (well not expected so soon. lol!) hope you are able to get everything done and everything works out :-)

    Very cute cards btw!!! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!