Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Chrissy's Christmas Catchup #8

It's another Christmas thank you card for me today!  This time I'm sharing some fancy folding that I used to create this giftcard holding card for my son's piano teacher.  She put on an awesome piano recital this past weekend and I was SO proud of my oldest.  He practiced so hard and he played wonderfully.  It was great to see his hard work pay off.  I'm so thankful for the time and patience his piano teacher gives him each week.  I can't even imagine teaching a child to play an instrument.  Wow!  

I found this really neat tutorial on how to create a giftcard holding card and I just had to try it!  I tweaked the measurements just a bit.  Here's how it turned out:



I started with a 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper and scored it at 5", 6", and 7".  Folded it like in the video and then trimmed it to my typical card size of 5.5" x 4.25".  To make the inside pocket, I thought it would be fun to use the Dual Dotted Rectangles Dies to cut out the notch for my giftcard.  I also used it to cut a liner for the inside of the card which I stamped with All The Christmas You'll Ever Need Stamps.  Once the inside was finished, I turned my attention to the card front.

I cut a coordinating piece of patterned paper with the Stitched Mats: Long & Skinny Rectangles and attached it to the center of my card front with foam tape.  Then I added a circle stamped with a sentiment from All The Christmas You'll Ever Need Stamps and cut with Dual Dotted Circles Dies.  To make the card pop I added some red metallic stars cut using Seasonal Stars Dies Set.  A few more puffy stars later and you have a pretty little gift card holder and Christmas card in one!  Woo hoo!

I hope you enjoyed my card today.  Here's the products I used:

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/dual-dotted-rectangles-dies/#_a_clarson

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/all-the-christmas-youll-ever-need-stamps/#_a_clarson

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/stitched-mats-long-skinny-rectangles/#_a_clarson

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/dual-dotted-circles-dies/#_a_clarson

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/seasonal-stars-dies-set/#_a_clarson

3 comments:

  1. Great idea and your result is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the stars. Your Christmas catch up cards have been fabulous Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those red stars. Such a beautiful card! I made a gift card holder pocket using the fuse tool and just adhered it inside the card. I need to try this out. Thanks for sharing the link, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!