Thursday, September 8, 2016

CTS #189

Good morning and happy Thursday!  I must admit that I'm a bit scatterbrained today.  Ha ha!  I have finally settled into this school and cross country schedule so I decided to throw some more wrenches in the works.  We officially started school at home this week for Abram and Micah and to top it off, they started gymnastics this week and Isaac's bowling league also started.  Oh my!  You should seriously see my planner!  Ha ha ha!  Good thing my good ole van is still kicking because I'm throwing on mile after mile.  It seems like I took a picture or two to share with you but darned if I know where they are.  ;)  I do have a picture of my card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch to share, however.  I didn't lose that.


When I saw this sketch, I got this crazy idea of die cutting a die cut image.  If that makes sense.  Let's see if I can explain it better.  I started out by cutting the happy die.  I love that it leaves all the paper in tact around it because then I could cut the happy image with a Lil' Inker Designs Dual Dotted Circle.  I then put all the parts of my cuts back together on a fun patterned piece of card stock and stamped and embossed "birthday" from Party Pachyderms under the happy. 

Simple cut fun.  I hope you will join us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week.  We'd love to see you!  Have a great Thursday!

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/dual-dotted-circles-dies/#_a_clarson

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/party-pachyderms-stamps/#_a_clarson

3 comments:

  1. I love how you used that die! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the sketch. What an ingenious way to use that die. You sure are one busy woman! I don't know how you do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Chrissy,

    Kudos to you for fitting in some creative time between all them appointments on your schedule. Crafting is a great way to reward yourself for all the things you HAVE to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!