Do you remember Laura mentioning a revamp of the awesome Nuts About You stamp set including new dies? Well, she let me play with the new stamp set to create this adorable treat holder for this month's challenge. I can tell you now that the new Nuts About You set is totally awesome so, keep your eyes on the Lil' Inker Designs Blog so you know when it will be available for purchase. You won't want to miss out.
Here's how I made my super cute acorn treat holder. I started with some light brown paper cut with the Triangle Treat Holder Die. Before folding it up, I stamped my acorn's face on one side. SO cute! Next, I needed to make a cap for my acorn. I cut some dark brown paper with the largest square from Stitched Mats: Dual Stitched Squares. I ran my square through the diecut machine one more time using the Cover Up Die: Stitched Woodgrain to add a nice woodgrain pattern. I attached my square to the bottom of my treat holder now making it the top. I cut slits at each corner and folded the edges down over the triangle. This created the perfect cap for my acorn. Next, I needed a stem so I simply cut a shape that looked good to me and attached it to the top of my cap. I decided the acorn needed a bit of color so I cut a leaf using the Awesome Blossoms Dies and attached it to my stem. Next I created a little tag which I attached to the top with some twine using the Sentiment Flag Original Die and a revamped sentiment from Nuts About You. Can you even believe the fun creations you can come up with using Triangle Treat Holder Die? I'm still thinking of more so I have a feeling you'll be seeing more stretching of this die soon. ;)
I'm so excited to have gotten to give you another little look at the new Nuts About You set. I know you have to wait for it but do you know what you don't have to wait on? The Cover Up Die: Leaf Pattern! That's right, Laura was so inspired for this challenge by cards using it, she's putting it on sale for the duration of the challenge. How awesome is that? Check out our challenge inspiration graphic and you'll see why it is a totally awesome addition to your cover up dies. You won't want to miss out!
Here are the details for this month's Meetup:
- Make a project inspired by and/or using fall colors using Lil' Inker goodies!
- Post this project to your blog or favorite gallery please include the challenge graphic above and link to our challenge.
- Link your project to our challenge by using the InLinkz tool at the bottom of the challenge post.
- You can also share your project on Instagram using @lilinkerdesigns, #lilinkerdesigns #monthlymeetupchallenge.
- You have through September 18th at 11:30 PM EST to link your project and share on Instagram to be eligible to win a prize.
- Projects should exclusively feature LID goodies to be eligible to win but do not need to exclusively feature LID goodies to join our Meet Up.
- This month's prizes are two $25 gift certificates to Lil' Inker Designs!
- Winners will be announced in a new blog post shortly after August 18th.
Here's what I used on today's project:
Don't miss the sale!