Thursday, September 17, 2015

CTS #141

Good morning everyone!  We had a little peek of autumn last week and now it's all warm and toasty again.  :(  At least I know the cool days are just around the corner.  I'm hoping for a nice LONG autumn this year because I am totally not ready for winter.  My boys love this time of year and have been taking adventure trips in the woods and around the pond on our property each afternoon.  I love watching them head off on their own to explore and be kids.  I am a firm believer in letting kids have time to be kids and have time without mom hovering over every little thing they do...not that I do that.  Ha ha!  My husband snapped this cute picture as the boys were heading out for a big adventure down at the spring.  Micah doesn't usually get to go off on his own like his brothers do but I made an exception for this day and he was just SO excited to be one of the "big" boys.  They got all outfitted with walkie talkies (so I can check in with them) and pocket knives (just the bigs) and when they returned, they had big stories and a list of new things they "need" for exploring.  This makes me one happy mom.


What else makes me happy?  Making cards and playing along at CAS(E) this Sketch.  I hope you liked our sketch for the week and I really hope you'll enjoy my card.


I started with a fun subtle pattern as my card base and then stacked four cuts from Boxed Up Birthday Greeting Die and layered vellum balloons that I cut with the Birthday Balloons Greetings Dies between the layers of my stack.  That allowed me to attach my vellum without being able to see the adhesive through the vellum.  I hate that!  Next, I marked were my strings should go and stamped them using Birthday Balloons Greetings Stamps before I attached my birthday stack to the cardfront.  With the strings stamped, I attached my birthday stack and finished it off with some stars and sequins.

I can't wait to send this birthday card to my nephew.  I think he'll get a kick out of it!  I hope you'll come join us this week at CAS(E) this Sketch.  Have a great day!

Here's what I used for my card:

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/birthday-balloon-greetings-stamps/#_a_clarson

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/birthday-balloon-greetings-dies/#_a_clarson

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/boxed-up-birthday-greeting-die/#_a_clarson
   

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so fun, Chrissy! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Chrissy! I love your story of your boys adventuring together. I had a childhood like that (without the walkie-talkie), and the memories are priceless. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FUN birthday card, Chrissy! Love the velum balloons and your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Chrissy! and You are a cool mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool design! I love the vellum balloons!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!