Thursday, July 21, 2016

CTS #182

Hello, hello!!  It's Thursday and I'm slowly adjusting to life back on the mainland.  Boy, do I miss my island getaway.  I swear it was the most perfect week.  For an island that is unspoiled by tourism, we were never without fun things to do.  We went to game night, story time, and even square dancing (there's a video on my Instagram if you missed it).  Besides the organized events on the island, we had a great time floating in crystal clear Lake Huron, hiking to the lighthouse (oh what a story that is!), and just exploring the amazing island.  My middle guy is a frog fanatic and on our final full day on the island, we and his dad went exploring on a trail that leads to Mud Lake.  They stumbled upon the perfect spot for frog catching and that is what he did.  Here he is with one of his buddies:


We all fell in love with Bois Blanc and as soon as we finish seeing the rest of the great lakes, I have a feeling Bois Blanc will be a more permanent fixture in our vacation planning.  It is a little bit of heaven! 

Now on to my card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.


Talk about a simple card today.  I used a simple grey striped background to start my card and then used Papertrey Ink's Splits: Thank You and die along with the Splits: Celebrate for the sentiment.  I simply trimmed off the top of the die cut to echo the sketch.  Next I colored my leaves and outlined my flowers.  They reminded me of thistles so, I colored them accordingly. 

I hope you enjoyed my card today and a peek into my vacation!  I'm going to be getting into my crafty space more now that we are home.  You can expect more posts from me again soon!  Woo hoo!

4 comments:

  1. Love this card and makes me wish I had bought this set sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, Chrissy! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOve your card - the stripe is perfect backdrop, Chrissy! So happy to know you had a great time - I must add this island to my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stripey background is fantastic. The first thing I thought of when I saw your card is "how can I make a striped background like that!" And I love how that stamp set fits the sketch so perfectly. Your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!