Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A couple more graduation cards!

I've been working on graduation cards for the last month and I realized that I had only posted two of my designs!  What was I thinking?  I've been having SO much fun with my Silhouette that I made another shaped card today.  I simply typed out "2012" in a bold font that I liked then I offset by 0.25" for my white layer.  To make the grey layer, I offset the date image with the graduation cap on the last 2 until all the numbers merged together.  To make the cardbase, I did the same thing as the grey layer but without the graduation cap as it interfered with the fold area.  It turned out really well and it actually fit perfectly in a business size envelope!  Here it is:


 
Paper:  Grey, Navy (Bazzil), White (Hero Arts), Black Stripe (Echo Park - Dots & Stripes)
Misc:  Silhouette Cameo, Grey Twine (The Twinery), Foam Tape (Scotch)

The next two cards I decided to make in something other than school colors.  Afterall, I don't always know the school colors of family that live out of state.  I have had this awesome tape that I picked up at Archiver's on sale and I've been dying to use it!  So, I decided to layer 4 pieces of it to form a bit of background interest on the card and to inspire my color palette.  It worked like a charm and I love the results:

 
Stamps:  For the Graduate (PTI)
Inks:  Berry Sorbet, New Leaf, Enchanted Evening (PTI), London Fog (Memento)
Paper:  Berry Sorbet, Nef Leaf, 2008 Bitty Box Basics (PTI), White (Hero Arts), Navy Dot (Echo Park - Dots & Stripes), Green pattern (Echo Park - A Boy's Life)
Misc:  Chevron Trendy Tape (Queen & Co), Foam Tape (Scotch)

I hope you enjoyed a look at my graduation card stash!  I'm off to work on some more!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!