Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bonus Day!

This class is amazing and to make it even more awesome...we got a bonus day!  Jennifer showed us how to utilize the negative space of our dies.  I've always enjoyed using the surround of my die cuts but Jennifer presented some really fun new options.  I've never thought to offset a die cut on the negative space to allow a little background color to peak through.  What a great idea!

I happened to need some graduation cards and being able to peak one of the school colors next to another, would look really neat.  I don't have many number dies, in fact, I only have one set!  So, I had to break out the Silhouette for this card.  We don't start using the Silhouette until later in this class but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!  :) 


Stamps:  For the Graduate (PTI)
Inks:  True Black (All PTI)
Paper:  Pure Poppy, True Black (PTI), White (Hero Arts)
Misc:  Silhouette Cameo, Foam Tape (Scotch)

This was one of those times that I really wished I had some clear dimensional adhesive.  Don't worry, it's on my list!  ;)  I hope you enjoyed my take on today's class.

2 comments:

  1. Great graduation card. Love the black, white and red color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the die cuts you did for the year. Great sentiment too. ( I don't have any clear dimensionals...I will be getting some too.. I can't see your dimensionals in the picture at all...)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!