Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Hubby!!

This weekend was my husband's 36th birthday. We had a great time celebrating and the boys helped me make a cake. There were very clear requirements of this cake: fudgy vs cakey, 3 layered, chocolate cake, chocolate icing, and covered in M&Ms. Think he got specific enough? Ha ha! The boys and I slaved over his cake and it ended up turning out great!


Here's a shot of Micah, my biggest "helper" in the kitchen:


Can't you tell he was a huge help? :) Well, Robyn has issued us all another fun challenge over at The Pink Stamper. I had just enough time to spare this weekend to make a quick card. I needed to make something springy and with the subzero temps we are having here, that sounded wonderful. I didn't break out the cricut for this card (GASP!) but here's what I came up with anyway:


The lighting is awful but you get the idea. This really could not have been simpler and I love how it turned out!

Hope you guys are staying warmer than I am! Brrr...

3 comments:

  1. Such Super cute & HAPPY card!! TFS

    I have a give-a-way over at my blog
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and the photo is just precious!! Awesome cake too. TFS
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! Not all cards have to be made with the Cricut, right? Shh! Don't tell anyone I said that. I'm now one of your followers. Both my husband and I were in the Army and our son is now in the Air Force. So we have a bit in common. I'm new at this, but stop by my blog sometime.

    Christy
    http://christybladehandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!