Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Glitter it up!!!!

I love glitter when other people use it but I hate HATE to use it myself.  It gets EVERYWHERE!!  I was dubious about trying the challenge over on Nichole's blog for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday.  I love Papertrey Ink and the amazing designers but, seriously, glitter?  I just happened to have two sizes of Scor-tape and a whole slew of Martha Stewart glitter that I love to look at but not use on hand. 

Without further ado, here's my card:


I had a tough time getting this one to photograph.  The cardstock is PI's Dark Chocolate and inside I put a layer of some random tealy color I had on hand.  I used Martha Stewart's glitter in turquoise and smoky quartz to make the stripes.  Finally, I punched a circle with my Fiskar's circle cutter (I can't wait to get my PI circles dies so I can put my circles anywhere on a card!) so you could view the stamped image through it.  I stamped my saying and, voila, it was done! 

I must say, it wasn't as torturous as I thought it would be and Dawn is really on to something with this technique.  I love the crispness of the lines you get and NO GLUE!!!!  I may just be a glitter convert. 

Wanna see what else I have been up to?  Well I watched a video on Kristina's blog and I was lured into the world of Konad nail art.  So, I bought all the stuff and went to town.  The results:

 
I think they turned out really awesome for my first try!  It was actually pretty easy and it has already lasted longer than most of my nail polish jobs. 

Thanks for checking my out today and I hope you enjoyed my projects!

1 comment:

  1. your nails look fab love them.well i dont like working with glitter either but your card turned out beautiful.love the colors.tfs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!