Thursday, January 4, 2018

CTS #253

Good morning!!!  Have you checked out the new CAS(E) this Sketch post?  We are welcoming a new team member this week and we are super excited.  I hope you'll head over and check out the post plus you won't want to miss all the other amazing designers' takes on this fun sketch.  It's another Retro CTS Sketch and I can't wait to see what you all come up with.  Here's my card:


I had a great time with some of my favorite new stamps from one of my favorite new stamp companies, The Stamp Market!  I love the fresh and clean style of their stamps and they just keep surprise me with new and different ideas.  I love that!  For this card, I inked up the top of my card with some ink from Catherine Pooler called, Party Dress.  Next, I used the Holiday Hellos stamps set to create my sentiment stamping the Happy in black and the Birthday in a dark gray.  I added some dots and hearts using both the UR Amazing stamp set and Succulent stamp set also in dark gray.  Super simple and super cute.  Here's a closer look:


The original sketch for this challenge comes from CTS #107 and it is totally worth checking out what the team created with it WAY back then.  Here's my card from the first time we played with this sketch:


Wow!  It's fun seeing how differently we interpret sketches at different points in our lives.  So fun!  I hope you'll come join us at CAS(E) this Sketch!  See you there.

6 comments:

  1. I love how you created a layer with some ink. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a creative take on the sketch, Chrissy! Love the CAS-ness! Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the soft application of the Party Dress ink on the top of your card - a perfect contrast to the fun, bold sentiment. So glad to be a part of this amazing group!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!