Thursday, April 13, 2017

CTS #217

Good morning!  It's another awesome spring day in Iowa today.  Well, it's raining but rain brings good things, right?  This bug I have is still holding on and I can't hear out of one ear.  I can't wait until it clears but it will probably feel weird since it has been plugged for so long.  The boys are busy, as always, and are getting excited for Easter.  The men are busy in the machine shed gearing up for planting and I'm busy keeping them fed and coffeed.  :)  The life of a farmer's wife.  It's always a fun time and I'm excited to see the tractors rolling again.

This week's sketch gave me a good roll.  Crazy thing is...I designed it.  I think I made 4 cards before I was happy with the outcome.  Donna mentioned seeing troll hair and I couldn't get that out of my head.  It made me chuckle every time I sat down to work on a card.  Ha ha ha!  Thanks, Donna!  :)  I did come up with something that I loved in the end and all the other cards weren't total losses either so I'm chalking this up as a success.  Here's my take on this week's sketch:


I had some fun with some Concord and 9th stamps that I have been dying to use.  I layered these cute popsicles from the Sweet & Cool stamp set in pinks, mints, and navy on a stone colored card base.  I outlined two popscicles with a shimmery pen for a little extra fun as well as adding some enamel dots around the awesome sentiment also found in the Sweet & Cool stamp set.  LOVE IT!  Here's a closer look:


I hope you have a great day and will come join us at CAS(E) this Sketch for a little stretching of the imagination.  :)  Have a great day!!

4 comments:

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!