Thursday, October 20, 2016

CTS #195

Good morning everyone!  I hope you are having a great week so far.  I had a wonderful weekend packed with crafting, shopping, and amazing times with some amazing ladies!  I wouldn't trade our time at the Craft House for the world.  Every time I get to attend a Stamping Away weekend, I leave with a big smile on my face that just won't go away.  There is nothing like hanging out with so many fun and talented women to get your crafty mojo going.  I feel so lucky to get to attend and so thankful that Amy and Laurie put so much of their time and effort into ensuring we have a great time.  Just look at all these happy faces (and Jill's happy forehead, he he).


What a great time!  You can have a great time this week by playing along with our sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch.  Here's my take on the sketch:


I started my card this week by choosing patterned papers to layer.  I loved this floral with the polkadot but to ensure you see the separation of top and bottom as well as you do in the sketch, I also added a vellum layer.  I cut the floral paper with the Fringe Scalloped Border Builder Die Set and the vellum with a similar shaped Dual Dotted Border Builder Die before layering them on the polkadot paper.  Next, I stamped and cut some flowers using  Fresh Cut Flowers and the Fresh Cut Flowers Dies.  I arranged these on the card front along with a yellow Hello Word Die cut.  A touch of white with my gel pen and some pearls finish the card off nicely.  I hope you like it!

Thanks so much for checking out my card this week and I hope to see you over at CAS(E) this Sketch!  It's a fun challenge and I just know you'll love it!  Here's what I used for my card today:

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/dual-dotted-border-builder-dies/#_a_clarson

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/fringe-scalloped-border-builder-dies/#_a_clarson

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/fresh-cut-flowers-stamps/#_a_clarson

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/fresh-cut-flowers-dies/#_a_clarson

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/hello-word-die/#_a_clarson

5 comments:

  1. I LOve seeing you with such a wonderful group ... still wishing my face were among them - even just my forehead!!! I just adore your card, Chrissy ... it's going right into my 'favorites' file! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, LOVE - although you pretty much had me at 'polka dots'!
    Looks like your weekend with this amazing crew was beyond FUN!! Yup, just a little bit jelly....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. I love the colors and the floral paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what fun you must have had with all those talented ladies! And what fun you must have had with this card. I love that patterned paper and your spray of flowers is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fabulous time! Beautiful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!