Thursday, August 18, 2016

CTS #186

How are you guys today?  I hope you are having a great week!  We are getting ready to get back into the school routine next week and I can't believe the summer went so fast!  The crazy thing is, this year my oldest is going to school school and I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.  I know he is making the right decision and I'm very happy with his choice of school but I really like having all my boys home with me.  I'm going to miss him.  ;)  Of course, I'm also super excited for him to be part of band and choir.  I look forward to watching him perform and cheering on his accomplishments.  I'm also excited for him to find his niche and to see how he'll find his own path.  So much fun to come.  I'm still not sure I support this whole growing up thing though.  Ha ha! 

Speaking of fun to come, did you see the latest CAS(E) this Sketch challenge?  It's jam packed with fun!  I hope you'll join us this week and share what you create with the sketch.  Here's my card:


My card today is super simple.  I found some fun patterned paper and used the Lil' Inker Designs Happy Birthday Border Die on some polka-dot paper and placed it at an angle on my card.  I then added a strip of pink and white paper with a zigzag underneath for a pop of color.  I finished it off with a flower stamped on vellum using Warm Welcome Stamps and cut with the Warm Welcome Dies.

I hope you enjoyed my card today and I'll see you over on the CAS(E) this Sketch blog!  Now, back to sharpening pencils.  Ha ha!  Here's what I used today:

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/happy-birthday-border-die/#_a_clarson

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/warm-welcome-stamps/#_a_clarson

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/warm-welcome-dies/#_a_clarson

4 comments:

  1. So cute! LOVE the zig zag detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so fun, Chrissy! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love the DSP for the background, the dotted sentiment and the zigzag detail. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a cute and happy birthday card, Chrissy! I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!