Sunday, April 17, 2016

Lil' Inker Designs April Release Day #1


Hi, you guys!  It's day one of the Lil' Inker Designs New Release Blog Hop and I'm super excited to share all the new products with you and welcome the new members of our design team!  I think you are really going to enjoy this release and all the new inspiration from our team.  It's packed with fun, as always and, lucky for you, all the new products are available right now at the Lil' Inker Store!  We have an amazing blog hop for you today so, hopefully, you are coming from Amy's blog and if not, you won't want to miss her amazing creations or anyone's for that matter!  So make sure you didn't miss anyone and start at the Lil' Inker Blog.  Now for the fun!

My first project for today features the Fringed Scalloped Rectangles Dies, Kite Flying Stamps, and Kite Flying Dies.


I started this card by cutting a white piece of cardstock with our Stitched Mats: Rounded Rectangles and then cutting a frame inside using the new Fringed Scalloped Rectangles Dies.  Next, I created a scene using a cute paper from the Tribal Chic Paper Pack and a green hill made using Border Builders die set.  Some clouds from the Rainbows & Clouds Die Set were perfect to hold my sentiment from the adorable Kite Flying Stamps.  I just love these images!  The kite, the bunny, even that little bow!!  Perfection.  One thing to note, the design team was working with a sample version of these dies that left more space around the cute little stamped images.  The real thing will cut closer and not leave as much white space.  So, after stamping and cutting my images with the Kite Flying Dies, I popped them up in my frame with some foam tape and added a little glossy accents to really show off the kite and dress.  Here's a different angle so you can see just how awesome those scallops on the Fringed Scalloped Rectangles Dies look!


Next up, I thought what should I do with the other rectangle that I cut out when making my frame?  Well, how about a cute tag using Fringed Scalloped Rectangles DiesClean Lines For The Guys Stamp Set and a peak at a sentiment from Tribal Chic Stamps?


For this tag, I didn't pop the scallops of the Fringed Scalloped Rectangles Dies up just for a little more of a masculine look.  I love having the option!  Next I stamped the fuel gauge and most of the sentiment from the Clean Lines For The Guys Stamp Set except for the "Love Ya" which is from Tribal Chic Stamps.  I decided to stamp the Happy Birthday and the gauge indicator in red to make them pop.  I added a little black enamel dot to add a little extra fun to my fuel gauge and finished it all of with some twine.

I hope you enjoyed my creations and will join the rest of the team on the hop.  You'll want to leave comments along the way because Laura gives out a $15 Lil' Inker Designs store credit to a lucky commenter each day of the hop.  It could be you.  I'm sure I'll see you on the hop and tomorrow for another fun day of release projects.  See you then!

Chrissy Larson <---Yup, that's me!!!
 
Don't forget you can check out the new release right now in the Lil' Inker Store and you can get all the goodies I used today.  Here's what I used:

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/stitched-mats-rounded-rectangles/#_a_clarson 

http://rdesigns.com/fringed-scalloped-rectangl%E2%80%A6/#_a_clarson

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/tribal-chic-paper-pack/#_a_clarson 

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/border-builders-die-set/#_a_clarson

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/rainbows-clouds-die-set/#_a_clarson

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/kite-flying-stamps/#_a_clarson

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/kite-flying-dies/#_a_clarson

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/tribal-chic-stamps/#_a_clarson

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/clean-lines-for-the-guys-stamps/#_a_clarson

23 comments:

  1. Love your ideas. The little bunny is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE!!! Two great projects especially the sweet scene on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS card and tag Chrissy!!!
    OH MY - your bunny is SO CUTE and the Fringe Scalloped Rectangles SO COOL, adding detail and dimension!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing ... I really appreciate seeing how the scallops can be used for masculine designs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made me giggle...really enjoyed your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is too cute! Perfect for Spring! I LOVE that scalloped frame! I'm adding those dies to my wishlist right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that tag!!! And of course the card is perfection. ;) Can't wait to work more with you on the team!! Much love!! - Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card and tag! I am in love with the Fringed Scalloped Rectangle die you used and that darling bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card. Love how you framed your scene. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute kite flying card and I like the tag you made with the leftover piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fringe pop up frame adds a gentle texture--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your card and tag! I really like the look of that background die! It is a must have! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I love that Fringed Scalloped die!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't imagine what the fringe scalloped die would look like on a card until I saw yours. THAT IS SO CUTE! Adds so much to your darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I first saw that first card you created with the little scene I think I squealed it was that cute and seeing it again Chrissy it is amazing, love that you also thought of tags too, great addition to add to a masculine present, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so super cute! My card for tomorrow looks slightly similar :) Must've had this sweet card on the brain! I'm so happy to be here on the LID team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love your card & tag! The bunny is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card & tag! Love the frame. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how sweet these are Chrissy. The scalloped fringe looks fun and interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super sweet! I love that kite scene!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chrissy, your bunny card might be my favorite Chrissy creation of all time!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! I want this!! LOL!!!! It's THAT CUTE!! Amazing work and I love the tag you created here as well. It's perfect how you combined those sentiments together!!! Clever!!! Love!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!