Thursday, October 23, 2014

CTS #97

Good morning, everyone!  It is a brisk morning here in New York and I'm hoping we see the sun FINALLY!  I could sure use a little sunshine.  We are still here helping my parents out after my dad's accident and we will be here another week because...HE'S COMING HOME!  Yup, they decided that they can't do anything for him in the rehab center that can't be done at home so, next week, he's going to be home.  My mom and I have been working hard to get everything set up here to make it easy on him and her.  I think it will be a big boost in his recovery to be in his own home and I'm pretty sure it will make things easier on my mom.  We are staying to help with the transition and to get everyone settled and then we will make out 2-day trek back to Iowa.  That also means the boys get to trick or treat in New York this year!  I think my mom is just as excited as the boys are for that.  ;)  We have certainly made some time for fun while we've been here so I thought I'd share the boys' silly picture.  I was taking my annual boy photos in the gorgeous fall colors and the boys wanted to do a crazy picture.  Who am I to say no to that?


Oh yeah, you guys probably are on my blog to see my CAS(E) this Sketch card, right?  Well, I guess I can share that with you too!  ;)  I just happen to LOVE this sketch.  What a fun and creative idea and SO many ways that you guys can interpret it.  What do you think?


I had a ton of fun with this one and went a little crazy with my combo of patterns. 


How fun is this?  Oh!  Did you notice that I have some new backgrounds that I'm playing with?  I'm loving this combo with the dark wood and dots of light.  It really helps this card pop...not that it needed too much help.  My patterned papers are from on of my Studio Calico card kits and those fabulous bells are Lil' Inker Designs' Jingle Bell die set.  The "Merry" die is from Simon Says Stamp and I finished that off with one of the stars that came out of my bells.  LOVE!

I hope you liked my card and will come join us this week for an amazing challenge.  Come play at CAS(E) this Sketch.  I know you are going to have a blast!!  ;)

8 comments:

  1. Oh I am sure your mom is so happy to have you there...and you can chat live instead of skyping. Tell her hello from me! Love the fun jingle bells on your card. So glad your dad is moving in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love those jingle bells die-cuts! Also, great mix of patterns and I agree it really does make the card pop! So glad to have found your blog! I looked at your work and really like what you shared! I am off to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun photo & a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun pic of the boys...love all the fall colors in the background!
    Your card is gorgeous...you know how much I adore color! Great photog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Love the bold colors & those fun jingle bells!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those Christmas bells... festive colors... great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissy love your fun card and all teh patterns. Great photo of your munchkins! I bet your mom loves having you and the kids there to help out and great news that you Dad is coming home. The best place for recovery! ~hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!