Thursday, May 22, 2014

CTS #77

It's a sketchy Thursday again and I'm ready to share with you an awesome sketch!  I hope you checked out my post on Tuesday and got a sneak peek at the sketch already.  If not, here's the sketch:


The boys and I are busy running food around the countryside to our farmers in the field.  It's finally nice enough for them to get the corn and beans in the ground.  We will be glad to have daddy home and not feel like we are constantly on the move...is that even possible with 3 boys under 10?  Ha ha?  Luckily, there are lots of opportunities for little boys to "help" the farming operations and it makes them feel really important.  See my proud little helper:


Nothing like getting them started early!  Gotta love him!  I guess it's time to share my card with you for the week.  Here goes nothing.


For my card today, I used some cork for the background.  I made my own stencil using some square dies from Clear & Simple and then inked up my background with distress inks using the stencil I created.  I added a bit of wink of stella to each square and then stamped some extra squares with the coordinating stamps from Clear & Simple.  Finally, I layered 6 die cut "hello" pieces to create the dimension with the gold foil "hello".  Pretty simple but I think it captures the essence of the sketch.

I hope you like my take on the sketch and I hope you will come join us this week at CAS(E) this Sketch.  Also, if you want to see a couple extra ideas for the sketch, check out my post!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done. Love the clean masculine effect. Great take on the case

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used squares for this ... and the cork! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!