Thursday, May 1, 2014

CTS #74

Good morning and welcome to another week of fun at CAS(E) this Sketch!  I hope you had a blast with our last challenge.  I know I did!  Our sketch this week is one that just sort of floated into my head one day.  I love how it turned out and all the interpretations by the design team are AMAZING!  I hope you like it too!


What do you think?  Any ideas?  When I actually sat down to make my card, I knew I wanted to do something with stars and some masking.  Here's what I came up with:


I used some post it notes to create a mask for my card and then inked it up with distress ink in as close to the same shade as the cardstock that I was already using.  I liked the tone on tone look it gave me.  I then stamped some stars from a Studio Calico kit randomly with my mask still in place.  I embossed a Winnie & Walter sentiment in gold and added some bling to finish off this fun card.  I thought this would make a great grad card for a gal who likes all things trendy. 

We are currently in South Dakota with my mom and dad having a mini vacation.  It's gorgeous up here and I'm so glad to have gotten away for a bit of R&R.  I really needed it!  ;)  I hope you enjoy the sketch and my card.  Come join us this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!  Can't wait to see you there!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cool celestial card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gold embossing and pretty bling...great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!