Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Another Super SWEET Month!


Are you ready for another fun Sweet Stamp Shop release?  Well, you are in for another treat this month!  Two releases means twice as much Sweet goodness and, believe me, you won't be disappointed.  Hopefully, you are coming here from the Sweet Stamp Shop Blog and have already checked out all the amazingness created by the Design Team for this release.  If not, be sure to go check it out.  You won't want to miss it!  The ladies really blew me away with their creativity but it's no surprise with such awesome stamps to work with.

We've had a busy week with school and my oldest's state testing yesterday.  We drove 2 hours to get his testing done and, boy, am I glad that day is behind us!  Waking boys early, tossing them in the van for a 2 hour drive, and then a 4 year old not getting a nap...yup, LONG day.  I'm glad to be home and get to share some fun stuff with you guys now.  Ready for some cards?

First up, I used the Feeling Today set.

http://www.sweetstampshop.com/feeling-today/


 I just adore this set!  The faces are SO fun and can be used in a ton of different ways and fit on tons of different stamps to give them just that extra bit of personality.  The check boxes...perfection.  They are awesome for making cards for pocket scrapbooking or, if you are like me, making cards to go on your cards.  Ha ha!  I'll show you what I mean:


This card uses a pocket scrapbooking card that was printed with "today".  I added the super cute emotions and "I'm feeling" to make this already cool pocket card, even more fun and perfect for this card.  I layered the card on some glitter paper and offset it just a bit on some awesome pink patterned paper to pick up on the embossed "I'm feeling".  A couple quickly created banners later and you have a super fun thank you card.  LOVE IT!  My next card is featured on the blog and I hope you liked it!


I'm a sucker for Pharrell's "Happy" and my boys know it.  Every time we hear it, one of them yells, "Mommy, it's your favorite song!"  LOVE THEM!  I used a bit of the song for my card sentiment by cutting up some older Sweet stamps to get the "because" and "I'm" to finish off my sentiment strip.  I placed my happy faces in order of happiness level to make a super smiley strip of emotion.  I love how this all turned out and I can't help but smile when I look at it.  I hope you feel the same way!  

Next up, I used the Emotions set which is also perfect for all your cardmaking/scrapbooking needs!

http://www.sweetstampshop.com/emotions/

My first card uses some paper from Authentique.  Make sure you check out their site to see the amazing collections of paper and extras.  They are GORGEOUS!


This card uses the Flourish line of papers and stickers and it paired perfectly with the Emotions stamp set to totally capture a new parent's emotions.  I liked how the 6 x 6 pad had two of each paper design so I could use one as a base and one to cut elements out of to "pop" above my banner creating some dimension.  The strips of washi tape stickers were perfect to stamp my emotions on and added a super cute element to the card.  I think it makes a perfect baby card even without a "Welcome Baby" splashed all over the front.  What do you think?

My next card uses a grid pocket scrapbooking card to keep my Emotions stamping in line.  ;)


I placed all my stamps on my acrylic block in an orderly fashion before stamping on my grid card.  The grid made it super easy to keep everything straight and gave a nice subtle pattern to the background of the card.  I love how this stamp set can be used SO many ways, sentiment, background, etc.  It's really awesome.  I layered my newly created pocket card on some cool gray paper and then got to work on my sentiment.  I used Super Mom for my blammo bubble behind the mom which I stamped on some greenish paper I had laying on my desk.  I liked that this kept the card from being too monochromatic.  The "Mom" is from the set I'm going to show off next.  To finish things off, I added the "You" with some Thickers and the "must be" with some alpha stickers.  I LOVE how it all came together and if you are a mom, you know each and every one of those emotions all too well.  ;)

Next up, one of my FAVORITE stamp sets...Hats!

http://www.sweetstampshop.com/hats/

This stamp set is super duper cute all on it's own but it pairs with all the animals from Sweet Stamp Shop.  How cool is that?  I can just see little chef Kitty Cats, sombrero wearing Doggy Dogs, sheriff Foxes, nurse Hippos, not to mention the new Cheeky squirrel being a construction worker...too fun!

I only made one card with this set but that was only because I had so many ideas that I wanted to save for future Sketches 2 Ways posts.  I just couldn't keep my composure long enough to make another card.  Ha ha!


Also, this card turned out SO well and was so perfectly simple, I didn't want to mess with it.  ;)  I simply lined everything up on my stamp press, stamped it, colored it, and sat back to stare.  LOVE IT!  A stamp set that is so perfect in its simplicity but can be used in so many other ways is hard to come by but you will find it in Hats.  Just you wait until you get it in your hands!  You won't regret it.

I hope you enjoyed my creations using this first installment of April Sweet Stamps.  Nicole has even more in store for you all this month so make sure to LIKE us on Facebook and visit the shop to sign up for the Newsletter at the bottom of the page.  Also, don't forget to check out the YouTube page for an awesome release video!  Hope you have a Sweet day!

2 comments:

  1. absolutely amazing cards!! i LOOOOOVE that hats set, and your card, and i can't wait to see it used in future sketches 2 ways posts!!! and your grid PL card...with all of the stamped sentiments...hello!! perfection! and who DOESN'T love pharrell's song?? you captured it perfectly in your card!! i love that your boys know you love it!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!