Monday, May 7, 2012

Fold it, Pop it, Flip it, Zip it and Make it Monday!

As one class ends, another begins!  I enjoyed A Cut Above so much that I decided to go ahead and sign up for Julie's Fold it, Pop it, Flip it, Zip it class all about interactive cards!  Today's class was awesome!!  I've only made a few interactive cards in my time so I was really looking forward to learning some cool tricks and after today, I can't wait to see what more is coming!  We made a free-standing platform card and I decided to try to incorporate the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday ChallengeDawn challenged us to use pattern paper scraps to make a background for our card.  No, problem!  I have TONS of scraps!  I'm a sucker for navy and greens so, I grabbed all my scraps and played a bit.  I cut, layered, and adhered my scraps onto a piece of thinner white cardstock so I could have my Silhouette cut my pop up shape!  Hope you like my take on class day #1 and the Make It Monday challenge!


Stamps:  Movers & Shakers Sentiments, World's Greatest (PTI)
Inks:  Enchanted Evening, Simply Chartreuse, Spring Rain, Dark Chocolate (PTI),
Paper:  Enchanted Evening, Simply Chartreuse patter pack, Candy Cane Prints, Sweet Symphony, Bitty Box Basics (PTI), White (Hero Arts), Dot's & Stripes (Echo Park)
Misc:  Silhouette Cameo, Paper Tape (American Crafts), Scor Tape, Foam Tape (Scotch)

8 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the color combo and the action of the card. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative, love your choice of colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Nancy said this is so creative! Great colors as well. Love you take on the MIM video ,so original. I did not go outside of the box like you did, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Love all the movement and your color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really got to figure out how to make more interactive cards - they're so fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so cute! I'm so glad you got to play along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! It makes me even more excited to be getting World's Greatest in the mail soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love this card! It's a great example for the FIPIFIZI class as well as MIM challenge. I think my husband and son-in-law may get something VERY similar for Father's Day. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!