Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 4!

Saying this day's take on dies was a challenge for me, would be a gross understatement.  I love the ideas Jennifer presented but nothing I did was turning out.  I turned to Amber's idea of having a portion of my die popping out of the top of my card.  I've got to admit that I've been wanting to try this technique since I saw her amazing word cards during a Make it Monday challenge!  I was afraid, however, and with good reason!  Even after watching the video, reading the blog, then watching/reading again.  I still went through 4 complete pieces of cardstock to get my final card.  It took me FOREVER to decide what die I wanted to use and then I just couldn't get a plan in my head.  Most of the time, I would have stopped trying because on days like this, I never make something I like.  I'm determined to keep up with my homework so I kept trying.  Finally, I made a card and I actually sort of like it.  Huh, imagine that!  ;)

Stamps:  Flower Fusion #11, Think Big Favorites #3, Through the Trees (All PTI)
Inks:  Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, True Black (All PTI)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah), Pure Poppy (PTI)
Dies:  Flower Fusion #11, Fillable Frames #4, Double ended banners (All PTI)
Misc:  Foam tape, Martha Stewart scoring tool

Thanks for looking!  Here's hoping I have a little more of my creative juices flowing tomorrow! 

4 comments:

  1. what a great card!! Love the flowers popping up above the card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your card turned out :) I think I will have trouble as well, but will be happy if mine is half as good as yours! I can't wait to get home and play.
    :) Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out wonderfully! I love the clean/crisp colors and the die cutting is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely! Great choice for the flowers to come off the top. I love it. I have to catch up this weekend...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!