Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Basement Remodel (Loads of pictures)

Since the holidays aren't busy enough, we decided to throw a little extra remodeling into the mix.  Not that I'm complaining since it just happens to be the room I spend a great deal of time in.  We knew the basement needed a serious makeover but we had no idea how or with what money it was going to get done.  The basement is home to my craft area and the boys playroom.  Here's a couple pictures from before we moved in:


This is looking towards my craft corner.  It's old VCT tile flooring and paneled walls.  These are also the old windows.


This is the movie/playroom end.  You can also see a bit of the built ins.

Now some pictures of the in-progress stages:


This is looking at the craft corner after new carpeting, windows, and paint (Sharkey Grey).


View of movie/playroom area.

  

Play/movie area with furniture in.  There have been some additions since this picture but my camera battery is charging so that will have to be in the FINISHED post!  ;)

Here's what I've gotten done so far on my craft side:


I finally have the craft desk I've been dying for!  All the pieces are from Ikea but I created my own desk layout by adding an extra Expedit Desk piece to the original Expedit Workstation.  On each desk end is an Expedit Shelving Unit for extra storage.  The paper holders are also from Ikea and I spray painted them yellow to go with my yellow/grey/teal color scheme.  The little containers you see on the wall are from Ikea and are hung on a Grundtal rail that I found wondering the kitchen organizing section.  I also have some magnetic knife racks to hang for holding my Papertrey Ink dies.  Here's another view of the same spot:
 

Here's a picture of the desk in it's entirety so you can get an idea of the exact layout:

  
So, if you've been wondering where I've been...I've been designing, working, and spending loads of money on the basement!  ;)  I'm so close to finishing and then I will finally have a space to craft again.  I look forward to getting cards on here again soon!  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!