Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What I've been up to!

It's amazing the little things that need to be done in a house to make it a home.  I've been busy busy busy because all those little things sure do add up.  Luckily, I've got some pictures to share with you of the fun I've been having. 

I've been putting my Silhouette to good use for home decor lately.  In fact, I've used it so much I figure what I really "need" is the Silhouette Cameo.  How's that for justification?  I'll be able to cut 12" designs now and I've already got plans for that little feature!  Would you like to see what I've done? 

We'll start with some simple word art:



This is on the support/column in the middle of our kitchen/dining/living on the dining/kitchen side.  I love how it turned out and the utensils that my mom and I found at Hobby Lobby really finish it off.


My mother had painted this exact thing for me on a canvas for my old house.  Sadly, it was too small to make the impact I wanted in the new house.  Silhouette to the rescue!  You see this above the window in our entry as soon as you walk through the door.  I LOVE IT!




Next, I've been struggling with what to put on the wall above our TV.  Nothing was coming to me until I saw this project posted on Simple as that by Abbie from Five day...5 ways.  It was just the starting point I needed.  Again, my Silhouette became my best friend and I made the above family tree with papers and other odds and ends from my card making stash.  I bought some simple frames, printed out pictures of my boys when they were younger and a couple others, added an awesome picture I found at Kohl's, and the wall was almost finished.  Ha ha!



I still would like to cut a neat arrangement of the word "Family" to drop down the edge of our tree picture.  I think that will help balance it out a bit but I'm loving the way it looks.  Finally, I didn't use my Silhouette for the next project but I just had to show it off anyway.


The is our master bedroom and I just finished painting/stenciling the wall behind our bed.  It might be hard to see in the picture but I painted the wall first in a semi-gloss version of our paint and then stenciled over the top in a flat version of the same color.  The result is a really neat pattern on the wall that isn't too in your face.  I still have to hang up the pictures that will flank the one seen here but I'm not sure if I might put something different there so I'm not rushing. 

As you can see, things are coming together.  I'm hoping to get everything done soon and then I can do my first video and walk you through the house!  Hope you are having a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pieces! I love that you have them framed in your home. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These projects are gorgeous and will really help to make your house a home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!