Thursday, May 17, 2018

CTS #272

Hi you guys!  Guess what happened this morning??  My oldest drove to school all by himself for the first time.  Oh my, was my heart pitter pattering...or maybe it was more of a thumpity thump.  I kept checking my phone just waiting for his text to say he was at school safely.  Thank goodness all is well and we survived this first big step towards independence.  Now I just have to worry about him losing my keys and the drive home.  Ha ha ha.  A mother's work (worry) is never done, is it? 

One thing you never have to worry about is a fresh and fun new sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch!  This week's sketch is mine and I hope you all have a great time with it.  I want to go play with it some more today.  Hopefully, I'll get some time.  Here's what I created:


Can you tell that I am loving the adorable kids from Waffle Flower?  These stamps come from the Wish Stamp Set and I just love them.  I used the flowers from the set to create a field of flowers for my little girl and her buddy to be relaxing in.  Then I colored them simply and included a little butter fly for them to look at all popped up with foam tape.  I added an acrylic "hello" that I had been hoarding to finish things off.  I hope you like it!  Sorry for the dark photo...it had been so gloomy here that it was hard to get a good picture.  Here's a close up:


Thanks so much for checking in with me today!  I hope you get a chance to play along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch.  See you there.

9 comments:

  1. There's nothing gloomy about this adorable card, Chrissy! OH MY goodness, can we combine our love for Waffle Flower kids? I am so in love with this card, and totally see your fun Sketch!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for having me as a guest, Chrissy! Your card is adorable! And be sure to have EXTRA car keys, especially a set in one of those little magnetic things that you stick under your car....my daughter learned that the hard way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those WF kids--such a FUN take on the sketch! And congrats to your son! Wishing him many years of safe driving :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH! First drive to school alone! Big steps! That will be soon for Mason too! Good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I forgot to mention that your card is very cute, LOL! I kind of got sidetracked there for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your oldest! My son is driving now, too, but no solo rides for him yet!
    Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this is just adorable! Love those WF images on the field of flowers. And congratulations to your son on driving to school for the first time. I'm sure he learned from the best and will be safely driving for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, soooo adorable!!! Love those sweet images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooo super cute, Chrissy!!! Love those adorable images and how you kept the flowers black and white in the background!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!