Thursday, October 8, 2015

CTS #144

Good morning!  I hope you are enjoying a busy morning on the blog with a new CAS(E) this Sketch challenge up and my Lil' Inker Release Blog Hop post!  I just love days when I can pack a ton on the blog and I hope you do too.

Things are getting busy here.  It's harvest time and that means running men and machinery here and there as well as feeding those crazy farmers of mine.  The boys and I spend tons of time in the van going here and there but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  All three boys still get a kick out of riding in the combine and my oldest has become a huge help out in the machine shed getting equipment ready for spring and put away for winter.  It is truly a magical time of year.

I hope you all have checked out the new sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch.  It's a fun one!  Here's my card:

  
When I looked at N@ Ali's sketch, I saw a shape more than a group of shapes, a rectangle divided towards the bottom by another rectangle.  I got thinking about it and realized that a new die I had just purchased from My Favorite Things was simply perfect for this sketch.  So, I grabbed my Stitched Cover-Up Companion - Vertical die and cut some fun star paper with it.  I layered this over another fun pattern to make my card front.  Then all I needed was a sentiment.  I grabbed Brushstroke Birthday Greetings and cut it in black placing it on my dividing rectangle.  I had a wood veneer heart in a circle that I colored black and attached to the card to balance out my sentiment.  Then I finished it all off with some small wooden stars.

I hope you enjoyed my card for today and will join us at CAS(E) this Sketch!  Have a great one...I'm off to the field!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Super fun take on the sketch, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun colorful card! Really sweet I love the gold and blue together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!