Sunday, July 19, 2015

Party Animal and an MFT Sketch

Good morning, you guys!  I'm in a bit of a fog this morning after all the wedding events yesterday.  It was a wonderful ceremony and a blast of a reception.  I learned that my children are quite the party animals and have some SERIOUS moves on the dance floor.  My little guy bawled at 11pm when we finally drug him off the dance floor to go home.  He was dancing with all the ladies and eating up all the attention.  Here's a little taste of his amazing moves.


So much fun!  Another fun thing I got a chance to do this week was to play along with My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge.

You know I can't resist a good sketch but I usually don't have the time to play along with the amazing challenges out there.  Luckily, I got my new MFT goodies and I was in need of a birthday card.  What better way to get to play in a challenge than by making a card you need to make anyway?  I had a blast with the sketch:

http://www.cardchallenges.com/2015/07/wednesday-sketch-challenge-sketch-237.html

Isn't it a great one?  Here's my take:


I started with a navy card base and layered on this fun countdown patterned paper.  Then for my bit of layering, I cut the new Die-namics Birthday Centerpieces from a turquoise piece of paper and then cut it out of the paper using the inside cut of a Die-namics Pierced Circle Frame die that fit just right.  I layered this on some vellum and trimmed it to the same sized circle.  I knew I wanted to use the "birthday" from the Die-namics Blueprints 26 and turn it into a banner so I didn't need the bottom half of the Die-namics Birthday Centerpieces.  I still wanted a full circle so I trimmed off the birthday half of my circle and replaced it with a cut I made using the Die-namics LJD Jumbo Peek-A-Boo Circle Window Die and cutting that out with the Die-namics Pierced Circle Frame like I did previously.  I held both halves together with my birthday banner.  I thought my banner needed a little something so I used the string in the Die-namics Blueprints 26 as a little swoosh element and then finished it all off with some bling and and enamel dot.

I hope you enjoyed my card and video.  I think it's time for a little more coffee.  I need all the help I can get today!  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Such a great card, Chrissy ... but those moves? Fantastic!!! Just where does he get this rhythm?
    Love this patterned paper!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday card! So glad to have you play along with us at MFT Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!