Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day

It's COLD here!  Luckily, it is supposed to warm up for the weekend.  Hey, I'll take 40 right now!  ;)  I had this idea for a card using the Border Builders die set from Lil' Inker Designs floating around in my head for awhile but just couldn't get it on a card for some reason.  Then, I saw our 100th sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch and it clicked.  When paired with Sun Sentiments and the Sunshine Die, the Border Builders die set helped me make a perfect second take on sketch #100.  What do you think?


I cut the Border Builders die set out of different gray papers for my cloudy day and the Sunshine Die out of a nice happy yellow.  I tipped my clouds in different directions when I stuck them down and made my sun peek out amongst the clouds.  My background is a stencil that I laid on this blueish cardstock then dabbed with my versamark ink pad.  It gave a subtle but not perfect look which I actually kind of like.  The sentiment, from Sun Sentiments, was just perfect and a little bling finished the whole thing off rather nicely.

I hope you like my extra take on sketch #100 and how I used all these fun Lil' Inker Designs products.  Here's hoping I see a little sun today.  ;)

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/border-builders-die-set/

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/sun-sentiments-stamps/

http://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/sunshine-die-large/

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Chrissy. I absolutely love the way you softly layered the die cuts. Reminds me of the sketch at CTS this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the subtle stencil in the sky..along with the different colors of grey clouds. And of course the sun is so cute surrounded by enamel dots and sequins, my fav embellies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!