Saturday, October 26, 2013

Take Two: CTS #51

Good morning!  The sun is just starting to color the clouds out my window and I'm wondering what in the world I'm doing up so early on a Saturday.  ;)  I can't help it, I'm an early bird just like my mom.  The early morning quiet is my little sanctuary in the day before all the crazy starts.  My mom and I chat on Skype and enjoy our coffee (me) and tea (her) together from over 1,000 miles away.  Pretty cool that we can do that when you think about it.  We spend our mornings looking at blogs and filling up our shopping carts online with things we desperately want but know that we will end up not going through with the check out process.  It's a perfect way to spend the wee hours of the morning.  Love you mom!

Today's Take Two was a fun one.  My awesome sister-in-law, Jenny, is celebrating her birthday today.  She's a coffee nut like I am which makes my card for her today just right!  Here's the sketch:


I decided to play with the collage/layering look of this sketch and go a little crazy with patterns.  I love a good mix of patterned paper and this turned out exactly how I was hoping it would.  The only thing I wish I would have done (and had planned on doing but forgot...oops!) was to shade the coffee cup with some copics.  Luckily, it still turned out cute and I think she'll like it.  The patterned paper is all from various Studio Calico card kits while the coffee set is from Lil' Inker Designs called Coffee Cozy, except for the sentiment which comes from a $5 set you can snag at PTI and the coffee ring which is from Paper Smooches (LOVE that stamp).  Hope you like it!

Lil' Inker Designs, Paper Smooches

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you are enjoying your morning as much as I am!

5 comments:

  1. Aww....love this, the coffee is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this...I NEED that coffee set:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty.... love the soft grays and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful way to start your day by chatting with your mom. Your card is awesome! I love the coffee ring and the sweet little gems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool and great idea to turn the sketch over! And by the way: Happy Birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!