Saturday, August 17, 2013

"Watercolor" Sympathy

Good morning!  Today I'm going for my first jog in over 6 months.  I have been having horrible Achilles tendon pain for about a year and I finally went to the doctor instead of running through the pain.  After a LONG recovery, I finally have the go ahead to start jogging again.  WOO HOO!  So, we are heading to our favorite jogging trail this morning for a nice slow, short jog.  This has absolutely nothing to do with my card today, however.  HA!

I made this card last week while I was finally going through the Card Camp class I signed up for.  I'm only a month or so late to the class but at least I'm getting some inspiration.  My idea for this card came from a water color idea talked about in the class.  I used the color inspiration from week 1 and rolled with it. 

To get the watercolor look, I squished my ink pads on a large acrylic block, sprayed them with shine spray, and sort of dragged my watercolor paper through the watery mess I had created.  In the end, it made a pretty cool looking design.  What do you think?


Have a great weekend!!!  I hopefully won't be hobbling around the house tomorrow.  We'll see.  ;)

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure it is going to be awesome to go out and jog again! We're having gorgeous cool weather here...perfect for a run - I just came back even though I should have gone much longer!

    Love your card...I think the water color technique looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Good luck on the jog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PERFECT for CASual Fridays Aqua, Green & Orange Challenge!!!
    Happy to hear you are jogging again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous results, Chrissy! Going to have to try this!
    Happy jogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a wonderful job Chrissy! Love the technique thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!