Sunday, July 29, 2012

Retro Skectches and CAS-ual Friday!

We got rain!!  I'm doing the happy dance!  The best part is, we got rain here in NY (where we are still visiting) but we also got some at home in Iowa where it was desperately needed.  Thank the Lord!  My husband and I have no idea what his crops look like since he's in Alabama and I'm in New York.  We can only hope that everything is not totally dead.  What a year!  On a watery note, I decided to play along with both the CAS-ual Friday challenge of using lime, aqua, and navy (my FAV color combo!) and the Retro Sketches #22 challenge.  I LOVE the sponsor, The Alley Way Stamps, and couldn't wait to break out my TAWS!




This card took a ton of trial and error.  I must have changed the card base 4 times before I was happy with the color.  In the end, I'm super happy with how it all turned out!  I'm going to send it to my husband in AL to let him know I'm thinking of him.  :)

Stamps:  Sea Mates (The Alley Way Stamps), Border Scallops (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Dies:  Border Scallops (Clear & Simple Stamps), Fillable Frames #5
Inks:  No Color Listed (Studio G Pigment), Hawaiian Shores, Enchanted Evening (PTI), Versa Mark
Paper:  Gridlines, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, Enchanted Evening, Funky Town Pattern Pack (PTI)
Misc:  Foam Tape , Copic Markers, Bubbly Bling, White Embossing Powder, Glossy Accents

Thanks for checking out my card and I hope to see your work at one of these challenges!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous job combining the color and sketch challenge! So glad you could join us this week at CAS-ual Fridays! Fingers crossed that the crops are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable.. I just love how you used the fish, and the colors are amazing!! So fun! There is still time to play with TAWS Be Inspired challenge. hope to see you there.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS card Chrissy - LOVE all the colourful fish - FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those fun fish! And happy for you for the rain! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super gorgeous Chrissy!!! I love the design and the colors are AWESOME! COngrats on being this week's Creation Showcase over at The Alley Way Stamps! And thanks so much for playing with RetroSketches, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!