Friday, July 6, 2012

Getting Grandma Up To Speed!

We have been having a wonderful but hot week with my mom and dad in central New York.  Every summer when we come out, I help mom get her scrapbooks up to date.  She started with a 12x12 for each grandchild but 5 boys later...it got a little tough to keep up with.  Now we happily have a 12x12 for each of the boys' first years and an 8x8 birthday book.  This year, I'm working on getting the birthday books caught up and decided to take the Retro Sketch #18 into my scrapbooking instead of using it on a card.  I missed the challenge deadline so I figured it didn't matter anyway!  ;)  Here's the awesome sketch:


See how versatile this sketch is?  You can see how it could easily translate to a scrapbook page, right?  Well, here's my take:

Paper:  Distressed Dots (PTI),  Red (American Crafts), Life Of The Party Card Kit (Basic Grey)
Misc:  Glitter Tape (American Crafts), Life Of The Party Card Kit (Basic Grey)

I used a card kit my mother had stashed in a drawer for this layout.  It ended up being just the right mix of elements for a fun birthday page!  Sorry about the lighting, it's too hot to take it outside or to open the shades.  Yuck!  Anyway, here's the page with pictures and the entire two-page layout!  Hope you like it! 


1 comment:

  1. Terrific idea to make the sketch into a scrapbook layout! So bold and happy—adorable photos!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!