Friday, May 4, 2012

A Little Grade School Fun!

Today we learned how to make cuts on the Silhouette for stamps we own that do not have dies.  SUPER COOL!  However, my scanner is just not working so no fun with digital dies and my stamps today.  :(  Oh well.  Luckily, there were three other really REALLY cool ideas to play with.  I'm going to save one for tomorrow so, today I played with making my Cameo sketch!  I don't have any of the Silhouette pens but I do have the ballpoint pen holder.  The only pen I had around that would fit this holder was my Cross pen that I got for High School graduation!  I wasn't sure how I was going to like the blue ink or using a ballpoint pen but it was worth a shot.

I have had this idea in my head for awhile now but didn't have the means to execute it.  My husband manages farms for people who are not local to the area but still want to keep the income farm land can bring in.  He finds an operator to rent the ground and keeps the owners up to date on what is happening on the farm and with the crops.  I have been making cards for him to send to clients for awhile now but I wanted to make something he could send to a new client or a potential client.  For some reason, I decided I wanted to do a play on Duck Duck Goose.  I knew I wanted the image of 2 ducks and a goose on the card but finding a sentiment stamp that worked with my idea wasn't going to happen.  I had two sentiments in mind, "Thanks for choosing us" and "We hope you choose us" (Ha ha, like when you choose in the game) depending on who the card would go to.  I just couldn't figure out how to get the saying on the card how I wanted it without a stamp that said those two things.  Well, today's class was perfect!  I used the trace function to trace the ducks and goose from some clip art I had.  I then typed out my sentiments and after I saw how the Silhouette made my design look with the ballpoint pen I had on hand, I knew it screamed for some denim!  So, here's the finished card and I think my husband will be proud to send it!

Paper: Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy, Kraft (PTI), Denim, Red polka-dot (On The Bright Side - My Mind's Eye)
Misc:  Silhouette Cameo, Silhouette Pen Holder, Cross Pen, Notch Corner Punch (Tonic Studios)

3 comments:

  1. That it so cute and clever. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep telling myself that I neeeeed a silhouette, but I just can't get myself to fork out the money for it =_=" Once I get into digi stamps, I'm definitely investing in a cutter. It would make cutting those digi sooo much easier!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!