Thursday, November 5, 2020

CTS #397

Good morning! Guess what we had last week? SNOW!!!! Just what I was hoping for so early (insert sarcastic voice here). Luckily, the temps have jumped into the 70's this week and now I'm sweating...ha ha! Those of you who always get snow this early...I don't know how you do it. I love a good snow in December but I'm a fair weather snow lover. Blame it on my Florida upbringing. Ha ha! Something I do love and look forward to each week is our new sketches at CAS(E) this Sketch. This week's sketch is a Retro Sketch and it is always so fun to look back at the cards we made the first time around. You can check it out here:  CTS #184.  Here's my take on it this go around.


I had a great time with this card and I used some awesome free stuff from Taylored Expressions for most of this card. The polka dot stencil down the middle of the card was part of a free with purchase promo when I ordered my snowmen and I inked it with some distress ink before cutting out the presents using a die that was included as a thank you in my order for TE. How awesome is that? It is the cutest little gift and I cut it out of various red patterned papers and added a black ribbon. Next, I stamped (for the first time ever) the amazing sentiments from The Greetery. I have been wanting a set of these ribbon sentiments since I saw the first set come out but the holiday sentiments in this set just pushed me over the edge. I was worried they would be hard to line up to stamp (I'm multi step stamp challenged) but it was super simple! I added everything to my card and I was done. Here's a closer look:


 Thanks so much for checking out my card today and I hope to see you over at CAS(E) this Sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!