Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Dino-Mite!

It's the first day of school around here and I'm excited for it to begin!  I know my oldest is excited to get back to school and the younger too are ready to try whatever craziness their mom has in store for them.  I think we are going to have a blast.  I hope you are all having a great day as well and I'm happy to be sharing this cute little dino birthday card with you!


I created this card using the Hello Dino Stamps that I had left over after playing with colors to create this card.  I loved them all!  So, I cut them all out using the Hello Dino Dies and they are scattered around my craft desk.  I wanted to pair these two with the Hello Beautiful Cover Up Die so I layered a portion of the die on my black cardbase and then added a strip of orange paper to bring out the orange in my dinos.  Next, I wanted a layer or two to separate my dinos from the main card so I cut piece of black using a Stitched Mats: Dual Stitched Rectangles and cut a piece of patterned black and white paper to fit just inside the stitches.  I like how it looked but it needed a little something else.  I knew edging them with the new Deco Edge Border Dies would be perfect!  I also used the Deco Edge Border Dies to create the "ground" in my scene for my sentiment.  Once all of this was finished, I started building my scene and added some balloons from Party Pachyderms Stamps to finish it off.  Here's a closer look:


Thanks so much for checking out my card today!  I hope you are having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. You are KILLING me with these darling cards ... I can't EVEN love it more! [eeeep!!!! on this week's cts card!!!]
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand it - more cuteness with that turkey card and the Snarky Thanks one too...all your projects are wonderful but those two are my favorites!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!