Monday, May 8, 2017

Grad Time!

It's that time of year again and I'm busy working on graduation cards.  I can tell we are getting older because friends and family now have kids graduating and I know it won't be long until I'm in that boat.  Doesn't seem possible!  The card I'm sharing today is for a very special girl who is going to make a name for herself no matter where she goes or what she does.  A girl like that, deserves a card as fun and unique as she is.  So, I created this fun card and I hope it will make her smile.


I knew I wanted to use various fonts for my sentiment and I just loved these yellow chipboard letters so I picked my coloring scheme based on them.  Yellow just looks so nice with black...you can't argue with a bee afterall.  I grabbed a fun black and white speckled paper for my card base and stamped some graduation caps and "2017" from Grad Class Stamps randomly on a yellow faceted paper to create a a border across my card front.  I cut a white piece of card stock using Dual Stitched Rectangles to serve as my base for the sentiment.  I created my sentiment using the chipboard letters, letter stickers, and two stamp sets:  Sassy Script Stamps and Pretty Painted Alphabet Stamps.  I backed this layer with some black card stock to make it pop.  After all was said and done, I thought the chipboard letters needed a little black so I drew a line separating the solid portion from the dotted portion.  I topped off the the "G" with a grad cap from Grad Class Stamps.  Here's another look:

  
I hope you liked my card today and I hope you have some awesome grads that you are creating for.  It's always so fun to create something with a specific person in mind.  It always makes me smile.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day.


1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!