Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas !s Closing In!

Is it seriously almost Christmas day?  Where has this year gone?  I'm not complaining because I love Christmas but still.  I almost forgot that we have already celebrated Halloween and Thanksgiving.  It's all sort of a blur.  Oh well, I guess that is why I need to be better at taking pictures. 

I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday and that the weather is treating you well.  Dare I say it has been a fairly mild season for us so far.  Did I just jinx it?  I sure hope not.  I remember one year being able to still go for walk with a baby in a stroller in January and February.  That's just unheard of!  I swear I wasn't being a bad mom either...my mom was here with me and let me do it.  Ha ha ha!  :) 

I only have a few Christmas cards left to share and only a few days before Christmas to do it, so bear with me.


I knew I needed to make a plaid card when I saw this paper from My Mind's Eye.  I love the touch of gold so, I used it as my cardbase.  Next, I used the large Joy stamp from Concord & 9th's Joy Bundle to emboss Joy twice in black.  I cut the Joy die from the same bundle in gold, added a banner coming through the "o" with a sentiment from the stamp set stamped on vellum, and bumped the whole word up with some foam tape.  It was a super simple card but I think it is very on trend with today's home decor and fashion trends.  Here's another look:


Thanks so much for checking out my blog today!  Have a great Thursday!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!