Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pinspired!

Good morning!  I'm a little late with this post today but we are (I hope) in the process of potty training.  I'm trying not to be pushy about it since I think that only prolongs the process and I prefer to let the kid sort of guide the whole endeavor.  Yesterday was the first day of interest in using the potty.  It lasted about 2 hours and then there were better things to do.  This morning, my little guy wanted to try out underwear, which he promptly soaked 15 mins later.  No biggie.  With my first two, I did the naked plan and, since they didn't want to pee on the floor, they went to the potty.  However, my #3 boy hates to be naked.  Hmmm.  As you can probably guess, I've been busy taking care of wet pants and tons of potty runs instead of starting my blog post for the morning.  Oh well, better late than never!  ;)

Today's card was from one of the pictures I pinned to my Pinterest card board.  I knew as soon as I saw this picture that I HAD to make a card using this idea.  I just LOVED it.  I thought I'd do a Ragdoll but then I got making wedding cards and this idea seemed to fit my cousin's modernish country wedding theme perfectly.  Here's the image that inspired me:


It took a bit of work to track down where the image came from but I think it is from Mayi Carles and I found a link to the image here.  I was totally in love and I wanted to do something similar but with a Ball jar.  So, here's what I came up with:

Stamps:  Well Preserved Jars:  Medium (Clear & Simple), Love & Marriage (PTI)
Die/Cut:  Heart Punch (EK Success)
Ink:  Onyx Black (VersaFine), Cherry (Amuse)
Paper:  Perfect Little Black Dress (Clear & Simple), Kraft Pattern (My Mind's Eye)
Misc:  3D Foam Shapes (Scrapbook Adhesives), Uniball Signo White Pen, Color Pencils, Glitter Tape (American Crafts), Wood Sheet, Gold Mist (Mister Huey)

I stamped the image with VersaMark to begin with and then colored over the outline with my white Uniball pen.  I stamped the image again with black and colored a bit with some colored pencils.  I love how it turned out!  It was so much fun using the cool pin to come up with my card.  I'd love to see what you guys can do with this idea.  How about sharing?  I'm putting a little linky thing below so you can share your take.  I'm always in need of inspiration so I hope you'll share yours!  Thanks for checking in with me!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH! I thought I had seen it all as far as card making goes until I saw this. I AM Pinspired by this for sure! I'll try and play along if my Mojo will cooperate.

    I can't stop looking at it! There's something about the text and your pattern behind the image that is so COOL and very etherial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I remember the days of potty training. The naked technique works great. Have you tried telling him that the store ran out of diapers and you can't get anymore. That worked for my youngest son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the naked plan too...your post made me smile...seems so long along, but it was only about 5 years ago. Love your pinspired card. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, potty training...seems like a gazillion years ago...my kids are soon to be 16 and 18.

    I absolutely LOVE your inspiration and your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post indeed! You've got your hands full ;-)
    Love the creative prompt and the way you interpreted it!
    Thank You for your lovely comment this morning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!