Thursday, February 21, 2013

CTS #16

Good morning!  We are gearing up for a bit of a snow storm this afternoon and I'm hoping that will mean a little extra time in the craft room for me.  I hope you are ready for a dose of inspiration!  Our CTS sketch this week is from the awesome, Karolyn.  Check it out:



I must admit, it took me a couple of tries to get a card I was happy with this time around.  Usually, I suffer from not enough ideas.  This time, I had too many!  I'm hoping to play around with the sketch a little more today and tomorrow and see what happens.  For my card, I shrunk the main shapes of the sketch and used a little masking to get my brown shape.  I then used a little shine mist to get the chevron pattern all over the background.  It was a fun card to make and I really am happy with how it all turned out.  Hope you like it and will join us for more fun this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Stamps: Thanks Freebie Stamp (Avery Elle)
Inks:  French Roast  (Amuse)
Paper:  Kraft (PTI), Sock Hop Card Kit (Studio Calico) 
Misc:  Arrow (Central High Card Kit - Studio Calico), Chevron Mask (Crafters Workshop),  Shine Spray (Mr. Huey's), Brown Marker

7 comments:

  1. I love your chevrons going in the two different ways - lots of angles on this card but that arrow helps make sure that the message is very, very clear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love your mini version of the sketch and all those shimmery chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great graphic design Chrissy. So much texture and depth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The subtle mix/match of patterns is fabulous Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So alive yet so subdued thanks to your color choice. Still CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the combination of subtle patterns! Looks great with the angle cut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Love the bit of chevron you can see in the background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!