Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pillows and Inspiration

I spent much of my day yesterday analyzing a throw pillow.  Yup, that's what I did in the name of my card for today.  I've had these throw pillows from Target for awhile now and I've always loved the tone on tone texture created with the folded dimension.  See what I mean:

For some reason as soon as I saw The Play Date Cafe Challenge #148, these pillows were all I could think of.  I knew I had to do something with a fold like this and that led to my crazed pillow analysis.  The boys thought I was nuts but I was on a mission!  Here's the inspiration for the challenge:


See how the pillows became my obsession?  They work perfect with this!  After cutting strips of paper and folding and folding more...I came up with something I really like.  I decided to only attach the strips of folded paper on either end because I wanted the folds to stand away from the card a little.  I think it ended up making a fairly elegant looking card...what about you?

Stamps:  Love & Marriage (PTI)
Inks:  Enchanted Evening (PTI), You're A Natural Darling (Clear & Simple)
Paper:  Gridlines II, Enchanted Evening (PTI), You're A Natural Darling, You're Such A Gracious Host (Clear & Simple)

5 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! LOVE the dimension and the clean geometric lines! Yes, I agree, elegant and modern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabulous folding!!! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! Love the folds! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!