Thursday, September 13, 2012

New Baby!

No...not me.  One of my great friends has welcomed a gorgeous little boy into her family this week and to celebrate, I've made her a card.  I'm just SO excited for her and the family.  We were roommates in college and were together for some serious ups and downs.  It's always nice to know we are there for each other no matter what but it's always nice when it's a joyous occasion! 

The colors for The Cameo Spotlight #3 challenge were just perfect for my little boy card.  I used the 2 Owl Set by Lori Whitlock and merged the branch with an oval to form a frame.  It turned out nice and I think it is perfect for welcoming a little one to the nest!  Here's the color inspiration:


Stamps:  Heyday Sentiments (Hero Arts:  Studio Calico)
Inks:  Blueberry Sky (PTI)
Dies & Cuts:  2 Owl Set (Lori Whitlock)
Paper:  Kraft Woodgrain (Studio Calico), Vintage Cream, Blueberry Sky, Spring Moss (PTI)
Misc:  Foam Tape (Scotch), Silhouette Cameo, Copics

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to your friend Chrissy! This card is ADORABLE! You're right the colors do make for a great baby boy card. Thanks so much for joining us again at The Cameo Spotlight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet Chrissy! I love the way the branch travels across the opening:) The owls are so adorable in those colors! I'm sure your friend is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is super adorable. Love the owls in these colors, and your design is so clean and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card and the colours work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this gorgeous , cute card. You have managed to give the owls real expression somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card! Thanks for playing in the Cameo Spotlight Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh* Could this be any cuter?!! It seriously makes my heart smile. Those sweet owls are brilliant! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Cameo Spotlight Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.my.goodness!!! Soooo adorable. Thanks so much for playing along in The Cameo Spotlight Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!