Monday, August 20, 2012

Ready For Fall!

I've got to say, the weather outside is AMAZING right now!  It's 66, sunny, and feels just like a fall day.  Who would have thought we'd have this weather in August?  A little rain would be nice but I'm not complaining.  This weather got me in the mood for fall and two challenges pushed that mood to the max!  Have you seen the Tuesday Trigger over at the Moxie Fab World blog?  If not, you better get over there and check it out...it's FABULOUS!  It was also the perfect challenge to pair with the Play Date Cafe challenge this week.  Between the weather and these two challenges, I'm ready to break out the apple cider and fuzzy slippers.


 
I had a little fun with this card because I got to experiment with something new to me.  I've been loving Avery Elle products lately and with this new release of stamps, they released digital files for cutting your stamp shapes as opposed to a line of dies.  I love having the ability to cut out my shapes without having to fussy cut them and I'm REALLY loving the fact that the digi files don't take up desk/storage space.  Plus, I can make them the size I want to get the amount of border I want around my stamped image.  Another perk I thought of while working with them, is that I can place the cut where I want it when using the negative image as a window because I design it exactly how I want it in my Silhouette software instead of having to eyeball the placement with a die.  Very cool!

I played with my Blossoms & Bloom set and the cut file.  The combo with my amazing Sihouette helped me create EXACTLY what I was picturing in my mind for these challenges.  Now that is something special.  I hope you like it!

Stamps:  Blossoms & Bloom (Avery Elle), Envelope Pattern (Hero Arts)
Inks:  From An Anonymous Source, You're Such A Gray-cious Host (Clear & Simple), Butter Bar (Hero Arts), Canyon Clay (PTI)
Cuts:  Blossoms & Bloom (Avery Elle)
Paper:  Soft Stone (PTI)
Misc:  Foam Tape (Scotch), Corner Chomper (Cropper Hopper)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, now that's COOL that Avery Elle offers cutting files for their stamps!!! This is such an elegant card! I'm off to check out Avery Elle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome card. love the layers and subtle envelope background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love how you used the different types of dimension to create a really interesting feel to the card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of color and height. It draws the eyes right in for a closer look! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work! thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Chrissy! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!