Monday, April 16, 2012

Papertrey Make It Monday and Day 1 of A Cut Above!



I finally had a chance to participate in another Papertrey Ink (PTI) Make It Monday challenge.  Lucky for me, it was an AWESOME one.  Betsy Veldman challenged us to Step It Up!  She demonstrated three cards, each progressively more stepped up!  It was a blast to make my three cards!  I had the idea for the flat one layer card in my head for awhile and this was the perfect challenge to bring it out!  This challenge also played in perfect with a class I'm taking called A Cut Above.  It's all about die cutting and I'm so excited to get more into it!  I hope you enjoy my 3 cards!


Here are my three cards in all their glory!  The break down on each is below!

Stamps:  Background Basics:  Chevron Stripes, Beautiful Butterflies, Tiny Treats:  Birthday (All PTI)
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse, True Black (PTI)
Paper:  Stamper's Select White (PTI)

Here we have a nice basic one layer card.  I masked the butterfly to get the layered look.

Stamps:  Background Basics:  Chevron Stripes, Tiny Treats:  Birthday (All PTI)
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss, True Black (PTI)  
Paper:  Stamper's Select White, 2008 Bitty Box Basics - Black, Vellum (PTI) 
Misc:  Beautiful Butterflies die (PTI), Pearls from my stash, Foam tape

My step up was to pop the butterfly with some foam tape and use pattern paper and vellum to give him some interest.  I changed up my chevron colors and added some pearls for extra fun!  This is also my card for Day 1 of my class.  I made an embellishment with my dies!

Stamps:  Background Basics:  Chevron Stripes, Tiny Treats:  Birthday (All PTI)
Ink:  True Black (PTI)  
Paper:  Stamper's Select White, 2008 Bitty Box Basics - Dark Green, Vellum (PTI) 
Misc:  Beautiful Butterflies die, True Black ribbon (PTI), Pearls from my stash, Foam tape

To take it up another notch, I decided to pop up the whole card front with my green while letting the chevrons shine through the vellum butterfly.  Some pearls and ribbon finished off the look!

I hope you enjoyed my take on the challenege...now let's see yours!

9 comments:

  1. Such a great set of cards! Love your variations on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color combo here! Great image and design. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty!! Seeing all these beautiful butterflies stamp set makes me even more impatient to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! Great choice of colors and I love the butterfly out of vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just fabulous!!! Love them all! And your color scheme totally ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each is awesome on its own. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go on the Cut Above AND MIM challenges! I didn't do the Cut Above Class, but I may have to take it after all! You inspired me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!