Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Scrappy little cards!

Today was the day to dive into my scrap collection.  I keep all of my usable scraps in a small plastic container for easy access.  The problem is...I don't use them often enough and they end up not fitting in their designated spot.  So, every once in a while I have a day where I will use only scraps to make my cards.  It's actually pretty fun and I've been surprised because often times the cards made with scraps become some of my favorites.

Today started in a autumny sort of mood and then moved on toward a wedding kind of feel.  You never know where a whim will take you!  :)  I have three scrap cards to share with you today and I hope you enjoy them!


This was my first card of the day and I like how it turned out.  I was in a layering mood and just happened upon the perfect flower for the card which was a leftover itself.  The felt letters were also leftovers, in fact, the i is really an l cut in half.  How's that for using things up?


This card uses the very last bit of some of my favorite paper.  I don't even remember where I got it because I've been holding on to it for so long!  It is the brown damask paper.  The brown is actually soft and velvety.  I love the color combo and I think it would make a nice wedding card. 


This is my favorite card of the day.  I love the patterns and colors together.  It has a nice modern feel and isn't too over done.

All in all, I think I had a great day working with my scraps.  In fact, tomorrow may just be a scrap day also.  Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!